Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hurricane Half Marathon

Yeah, I finished! I did way better than I thought! I was hoping for 10 mins. per mile and I did 9:45 mins. per mile which put me at 2:07:50.5! I am way excited I did that good....I really surprised myself. The course was up hill for the first 6 miles so I really struggled at first! But the last 7 miles were smooth sailing! NOT, mentally I struggled through the whole race and the last 3 miles dragged on and on. But hey I finished and that is all that matters plus I can feel myself getting stronger as a runner and a little faster!

This was the only picture Decker got of the run!

Stephanie, me and Becky

My awesome husband, who got up and got three kids ready and was at the finish line by 7:45 a.m. (last time I told him a time to be there, he missed me cause I had a really good run and finished before he got there. He wasn't going to have that happen again!)

Me with my wonderful supportive family! Love you guys!!!

2 comments:

Mandi @ Vintage Revivals said...

You are amazin! Great job!!!!

Brooke said...

Way to go Tara!! You have such a cute family. Those girls are getting soooo big!